In addition to International regulations, telemarketers must adhere to some telemarketing rules. They empower them to prevent telemarketing calls and fight telemarketer fraud.
Telemarketing is subject to regulatory and legislative controls related to consumer privacy and protection.
There are some rules that should be respected by telemarketers:
• They are restricted to calling between the hours of 8 a.m. and 9 p.m.
• They must tell you it's a sales call, the name of the seller, and what they are selling before they make their pitch.
• It's illegal for telemarketers to misrepresent any information; any facts about their goods or services; earnings potential, profitability, risk, or the nature of a prize in a prize-promotion scheme.
• It's illegal for a telemarketer to withdraw money from your checking account without your express, verifiable authorization.
• Telemarketers cannot lie to get you to pay, no matter what method of payment you use.
• Before you pay, telemarketers must tell you the total cost of the goods and any restrictions on getting them; or that a sale is final or non-refundable.
Learn More About:•The advantages and disadvantages of telemarketing.•Telemarketing call center evolution by b2c telemarketing services.•Phone and telemarketing fraud.
Stan Billue releases his classic Sales Training Series in MP3 Format
June 09, 2009 by Stan Billue
Although recognized as one of the top Telemarketing Sales Trainers in the World, Stan Billue is the first to admit that he is rather slow on adapting to new technologies. Stan stated; “I was probably one of the last professional Speakers to add a Fax Machine, a Computer and then a Cell Phone. I also drug my feet at converting my Audio Series from Cassettes to CDs a few years ago.”
Contactual Partners with Pipkins to Provide Workforce Management to Contact Center Customers
June 04, 2009
Joint Marketing Partnership Brings Together Best in Class Workforce Management and Hosted Contact Center Software.
SAN CARLOS, CA, June 04, 2009 /24-7PressRelease/ -- Contactual (http://www.contactual.com/pr), the global leader in on-demand contact center software that empowers customer facing organizations to end customer frustration, and Pipkins, Inc. (http://www.pipkins.com/) a leading supplier of workforce management software and services to the call center industry, today announced they have joined in a partnership to cross sell technology. This agreement will provide a direct connection for call center managers looking to combine a trusted workforce management system with hosted contact center software.