Outbound telemarketing generally refers to calls that are made to consumers on businesses’ behalf. Outbound telemarketing is one of the major sources of creating new customers and retaining old ones.
This type of marketing represents the sale of goods or services over the phone. Many times newspapers use this method by offering their paper to people in their area.
Outbound telemarketing provides the following services:
• Promotional campaigns for product launches;
• Sales campaigns (up-selling/ cross-selling);
• Lead generation; identifying prospective customers for a product or service;
• Appointment setting;
• Bookings for seminar and conference attendance;
• Data capture, market research and customer survey;
• Mystery shopping; this research technique uses independent auditors posing as customers to objectively gather information about product quality and service.
• Increasing subscription, memberships;
• Renewal of lapsed policies, memberships, accounts;
• Direct mail follow-up; direct mail is a type of advertisement that uses mail as its form of distribution;
• Data cleansing; this involves detecting and correcting or removing inaccurate records from a record set.
• Fulfilment of orders, letters, brochures;
• Fund-raising; soliciting contributions from individuals or organizations for nonprofit organizations.
Outbound telemarketing earned a lot of negative perception, first of all because it involves unsolicited calls whose aim is to sell. People usually do not like to be bothered with sales calls while they are at home.
Learn More About:•The advantages and disadvantages of telemarketing.•Telemarketing call center evolution by b2c telemarketing services.•Phone and telemarketing fraud.
Stan Billue releases his classic Sales Training Series in MP3 Format
June 09, 2009 by Stan Billue
Although recognized as one of the top Telemarketing Sales Trainers in the World, Stan Billue is the first to admit that he is rather slow on adapting to new technologies. Stan stated; “I was probably one of the last professional Speakers to add a Fax Machine, a Computer and then a Cell Phone. I also drug my feet at converting my Audio Series from Cassettes to CDs a few years ago.”
Contactual Partners with Pipkins to Provide Workforce Management to Contact Center Customers
June 04, 2009
Joint Marketing Partnership Brings Together Best in Class Workforce Management and Hosted Contact Center Software.
SAN CARLOS, CA, June 04, 2009 /24-7PressRelease/ -- Contactual (http://www.contactual.com/pr), the global leader in on-demand contact center software that empowers customer facing organizations to end customer frustration, and Pipkins, Inc. (http://www.pipkins.com/) a leading supplier of workforce management software and services to the call center industry, today announced they have joined in a partnership to cross sell technology. This agreement will provide a direct connection for call center managers looking to combine a trusted workforce management system with hosted contact center software.